Pomodoro Sauce Recipe
Christina - Aug 19, '20
Making your own sauce from scratch seems like a daunting task, but it actually way easier than you think! Bonus, it looks super fancy!
- 1 - 2 shallots
- 3 - 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 can of San Marzano tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of red wine
- Fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes or Calabrian peppers
- Dash of sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Heat olive oil over low to med heat.
- Mince shallots and garlic. Add to hot oil. Cook until translucent.
- Add red wine. Reduce.
- Process tomatoes and add them to the pan. Bring it to a simmer.
- Add salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and sugar.
- Add Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Add chopped basil right before serving.
- Serve with your favorite pasta.
Have a yummy pasta dish? Share your family’s creation with CreateMyCookbook’s Family Recipe Group!
Next: Garlic Rosemary Mashed Potatoes Recipe