Christina - Aug 04, '20
As all southern folk know, you can't beat a good buttermilk biscuit recipe! Cameron's secret is frozen butter.
- 1 stick of butter (frozen)
- 2 1/2 cups of self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- Grate the frozen butter and add to flour.
- Mix loosely into a crumble. Chill for 10 minutes.
- Create a well in the center of the mixture and add buttermilk. Mix.
- Roll out on a flat surface. Folding in on self 4 to 5 times.
- Roll out 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick and cut out biscuits.
- Bake at 475 degrees F. for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- ***If no self-rising add 3 3/4 teaspoons of baking powder.***
Next: Hamburger Steak Recipe