Recipe of the Week | Chicken Anisette
Guest Blogger - Jun 28, '22
- Recipe of the Week
Chicken Anisette by Gerry DiNardo
"This is an old family recipe and very unique as far as I can tell." - Gerry DiNardo
Watch Gerry cook up his dish on his YouTube Channel!
One 3 to 4 pound chicken(or parts)
Three large onions sliced into thin rings
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
1 cup of anisette
1 to 2 TBSP of crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
salt to taste
- Cut up chicken into about 16-18 pieces larger than bite size.
- Sauté chicken pieces in oil until golden brown. Remove and put chicken on pan/plate with paper towels to drain.
- Return pan to stove and sauté onions in remaining oil until slightly brown. Remove excess oil.
- Return chicken back in pan with onions.
- Add anisette to chicken/onion mixture and bring to boil then lower to a simmer.
- Add red pepper, parsley and salt to taste. Continue to simmer and stir often until mixture becomes syrupy. This cooks for quite a while. Continue to stir to coat the chicken with the anisette. As it cooks it will thicken into syrup. Continue until you have no liquid left.
- You have to keep cooking until all liquid is absorbed and you have brownish colored syrup which is glazing the chicken with the sautéed onions.
16 to 18 pieces of Anisette Chicken
Want us to feature your recipe on our blog and social media platforms? Click here!
Next: Recipe of the Week | Sourdough Steam Buns