Christina - Sep 09, '20
- Recipe of the Week
Use all those delicious summer garden vegetables with this ratatouille recipe.
- 1 eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- 1 squash
- 1 onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 8 oz can of tomato paste
- Fresh thyme
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2/3 cups red wine
- salt, pepper
- Goat cheese (optional)
- Cut parchment paper in a circle the size of your cast-iron skillet and preheat oven 375 degrees F
- Slice eggplant, zucchini, and squash into quarter-inch slices
- Dice onion, bell pepper and garlic
- Mix can of tomato paste and wine in a cast iron skillet on low heat, stir in onion, bell pepper, garlic, salt, thyme and pepper
- Layer eggplant, zucchini and squash on top of tomato paste mixture
- Place parchment paper over dish and bake in oven 40 minutes
- Take parchment paper off, add goat cheese to taste and bake another 10 minutes
Share your family’s creation with CreateMyCookbook’s Family Recipe Group!
Submit your recipe to be featured as "Recipe of the Week"
Next: Cookbook Stories | Carlene's Favorites