Recipe of the Week | Beef Samosas
Guest Blogger - Jul 26, '22
- Recipe of the Week
Beef Samosas by Pamela Mburo
"Growing up in East Africa, Kenya, Samosas were always a family treat that bound our families together. It was a fun treat to make as a family or simply an edible treat to enjoy during a family outing." - Pamela Mburo
3 lbs ground beef
3 bell peppers
1 bunch cilantro
pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 pkg tortilla wraps
- Pre-boil ground beef for 20-25 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Chop up the onions, bell peppers, and cilantro and set aside in a bowl.
- Prep your wraps by cutting in half then using eggs to hold wrap in place.
- Create pockets by folding the wrap edges and using the egg to bond the wrap together.
- Set aside and allow to dry for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix your ground beef with the pre-chopped veggie bowl from step 2.
- Add pinch of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper and stir together. Add spice according to your taste.
- Use another teaspoon to scoop up the mixed ground beef with chopped veggies and stuff the wrap pockets accordingly.
- Use the egg to bond the edges together, creating a triangular like beef pocket.
- Set aside and repeat until all wraps have been stuffed with ground beef mixture.
- Preheat oil in a frying pan for 10 minutes.
- Dip the stuffed Samosa pockets into the hot oil and cook each side until golden brown.
- Make sure the stuffed pockets are submerged in the hot oil.
- Fry for 5-7 minutes at a time and strain using a paper towel.
- Once complete, serve hot with your drink preferences or simply squeeze fresh lemon on after each bite.
**Enjoy as a finger food, snack, or meal**
Want us to feature your recipe on our blog and social media platforms? Click here!
Next: Recipe of the Week | Pimento Cheese