Recipe of the Week | Pumpkin Squares
Ashley - Sep 21, '22
- Recipe of the Week
Pumpkin Squares from Krista
"These are my godmother's famous pumpkin squares. She made them for us every year growing up!" - Krista
2 1/4 C flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 C shortening
1 C chocolate chips
4 beaten eggs
1 C brown sugar
2 C pumpkin filling
1 C white sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°, using a well-greased 9x13 pan.
- In large mixing bowl, sift together first 5 ingredients.
- In another large bowl, beat eggs well.
- Add white sugar and brown sugar, shortening, and pumpkin filling to the eggs. Blend well.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture, blend these 2 well.
- Add chocolate chips and mix well.
- Pour mixture into greased pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes. Cut into squares, serve & enjoy.
Want us to feature your recipe on our blog and social media platforms? Click here!
Next: Cookbook Story | Our Gran's Kitchen: Aprons & Ankle-biters