Recipe of the Week | Tapioca Pudding
Guest Blogger - Mar 24, '21
- Recipe of the Week
"This was my 78 years young grandmother's recipe. When my oldest daughter was 3 she said she wanted some of grandma's fluffy pudding. I called my grandmother and she gave me the recipe. Her last words to the recipe were: 'Let Christi eat all she wants!'" - Linda
1 c. large pearl tapioca
4 c milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 c milk
1 1/2 c granulated sugar
1 tsp salt
1 T sugar or 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- Soak tapioca in 2 cups of water overnight.
- Put tapioca in a large pan with 2 cups of milk and 1/2 cups sugar. Cook over medium heat until tapioca is clear (15 to 20 minutes). Stir often to avoid sticking.
- Separate eggs. Put yolks in a bowl.
- Beat egg yolks. Add 1 cup sugar and 1/4 cup flour. Stir in 2 cups milk. Add to first tapioca mixture. Cook until thick.
- Add 1 T sugar or 1/2 tsp cream of tarter to egg whites and beat until stiff peaks form.
- When tapioca is thick, pour hot tapioca mixture into beaten egg whites.
- Add vanilla and fold egg whites into pudding.
- Eat it hot or cold.
Options for GF: use cornstarch, for dairy free use coconut milk and egg substitute for egg yolks (without egg whites it is just not as fluffy).
5 cups of pudding
Want us to feature your recipe on our blog and social media platforms? Click here!
Next: Recipe of the Week | Touria's Cacao Cupcakes